Sunday, July 13, 2014

#SaveEdShelf

I was recently notified by William Jenkins that EdShelf announced it will be ceasing trading at the end of this month. However, as this has been a popular resource with users a teacher called Alicia Leonard has launched a #SaveEdShelf campaign. This is a model that I have been trying to establish in the UK and progress has also been slow. Therefore, I wanted to show my support for Alicia’s campaign and published this post “Don’t Leave EdTech Startups Sitting on the EdShelf”.  Edshelf's mission is to make a positive impact in the world by making education more efficient and effective. They strive to enable educators to do what they do best, teach and inspire.  Edshelf is a directory of websites, mobile apps, and desktop programs that are rated and reviewed by parents and educators, for parents and educators. They help us find the right educational tools for our specific needs.



It is my hope that this post will empower you to take a moment to log onto EdShelf and review some products to see if an increase in traffic might generate some investor inquiries for this start-up. Please feel free to share details of this campaign with any other education contacts you may have in your network. I hope that you have found this update useful and will be able to take a few moments to review any EdTech products that you use and pass details of #SaveEdShelf on to others.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Eric,

    Thank you so much for highlighting the importance of this campaign. I have been surprised at the popularity of this post but feel that review sites have so much to offer EdTech, but they face some significant hurdles before they can achieve this.

    I have followed up this EdShelf post with one that looks at "The Problem with EdTech Review Sites" and suggest the solution is collaboration. I hope that other innovators in this space will take a moment to read this and that they can see the merits of collaboration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Just, wow. I'm not even sure what else to say, except thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thank you so much for this incredible support! I am totally in awe of the education community. Your support means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EdShelf is a great product. I've been a big fan for 3+ years. The work that Mike and his team have put into making an amazing tool is going to be missed greatly by the educational community. Lets hope that something positive happens.
    #SaveEdshelf

    ReplyDelete